Free deposit Protection with Coral Adventurer, Geographer and Discoverer
Deposit Protection is a scheme offered to guests of Coral Expeditions to allow them to book confidently and transfer their deposit payment towards any future Coral Expeditions trip in the event they are unable to travel on the cruise they originally booked. Deposit protection is entirely optional, can be invoked for any reason by the guest, and requires an A$110 per person fee at the time of booking. Paid for in full by Flower Travel
DEPOSIT PROTECTION PLAN FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
I have already paid my deposit, can it still be applied to my booking?
The Deposit Protection Plan can only be purchased before the deposit payment has been made to Coral Expeditions. We would recommend contacting our reservations team for further information.
Does the Deposit Protection Plan mean I do not need to purchase travel insurance?
No, the Deposit Protection Plan is not in place of travel insurance. We highly recommend purchasing travel insurance that covers remote area evacuation.
How do I use my Deposit Protection Plan?
If the purchaser wishes to activate their purchased Deposit Protection plan and amend an existing booking, they will need to confirm in writing (via email or letter) to Coral Expeditions Reservations team indicating that they are activating their plan and provide an alternative cruise and travel date.
Can I purchase the Deposit Protection Plan just for myself and not my travelling companion?
If you wish to select deposit protection it does need to be paid by all parties on the booking. Unfortunately, you cannot select for an individual party.
Can I obtain the Deposit Protection Plan when booking with my Travel Agent?
Yes, our Deposit Protection Plan can be obtained when booking direct or via a travel agent.
What happens if I cannot travel within the 12 months?
If a date is not selected within the 12-month period, deposit and deposit protection are forfeit per the terms and conditions of the plan.
Can I under any circumstances get the deposit protection refunded?
Once Deposit Protection has been paid it is non-refundable or transferable.
If I use my deposit protection, can I purchase it again on my new amended booking?
No, deposit protection can only be obtained once
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please read these Deposit Protection Conditions carefully.
1. Deposit Protection is only available at the time of booking and is payable together with the deposit payment towards your cruise. It cannot be added subsequently after the cruise deposit has been paid.
2. Deposit Protection fee of $110 per person is non-refundable.
3. If the purchaser wishes to activate their purchased Deposit Protection plan and amend an existing booking, they will need to confirm in writing (via email or letter) to Coral Expeditions Reservations team indicating that they are activating their plan and provide an alternative cruise and travel date.
4. The purchaser can choose to activate their Deposit Protection plan and change their booking for any reason up to 90 days prior to their cruise departure date. Their plan will cease to be valid within 90 days of cruise departure date, or after full payment of the cruise fare is made. Coral Expeditions must receive written correspondence from the guest to activate their Deposit Protection plan before this 90-day cut-off date.
5. For the amended booking, the guest can choose any Coral Expeditions cruise and any cabin category departing within 12 months of Deposit Protections activation – this is subject to availability.
6. The new amended booking will be treated as a completely new booking. The full amount of deposit already paid less the Deposit Protection fee will be applied towards amended booking. There are no other fees or charges. Deposit Protection can not be obtained again on the new amended booking.
7. If the amended booking deposit amount is less than the deposit amount already paid, then the excess amount will be applied towards final payment due on amended booking.
8. If the amended booking deposit amount due is greater than deposit already paid, the guest must top up additional amount to confirm the amended booking.
9. In the unlikely event the amended booking cruise fare is less than the deposit amount already paid, then no refund will be given, and excess amount will be forfeit.
10. Deposit Protection must be purchased for all guests in a single booking.
11. Please note that Deposit Protection is not meant to replace medical insurance, which we recommend the guest has in place separately.